Protecting Your Privacy – Overview
At Silvermere Golf & Leisure Limited (trading as The Inn on the Lake and referred to as ‘Silvermere’, ‘we’ and ‘us’), we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors.
The Data Controller
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is Silvermere Golf & Leisure Limited, registered Company Number: 1844916 the registered address is Silvermere Golf & Leisure, Redhill Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1EF.
Our parent company is Dwellcourt Limited, the registered address is Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
The Data Protection Officer
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing – The Data Protection Officer, Dwellcourt Group Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
Telephone – 02087 868333.
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website or visit us at Silvermere, for example when you contact us via our contact form, sign up to our Privilege Card or register to receive emails from us.
The type of information that is collected
Silvermere collect the following information about you:
- Name & Contact Information: If you make an online enquiry, or register for a Privilege Card, the personal information we collect might include your contact details (name, address, mobile number and email).
- Date of birth: When applying for a Privilege Card or signing up to our newsletter we request your date of birth in order to verify you are aged 16 or over
- Financial Data: Which could include bank account, payment card details and tax information
- Website usage information: As with most websites our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using our website, browser type and settings, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Membership information: If you have a membership with us, we will ask for your name, contact details and billing information. We will only ever ask for information to enable us to provide the services you have requested for the performance your contract with us.
- CCTV images: As part of our legitimate interests CCTV is in operation during your visit to Silvermere to ensure your safety and for the prevention and detection of crime. Please be aware that if we are requested to provide CCTV images of you by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, we are obliged do so.
- Other information you provide to us: such as in online forms or competitions.
Marketing doesn’t just mean offering things to buy, but also includes news and information about what we do.
We will send you marketing messages by email for one of the two lawful bases below:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
You are in control of what we do with your personal data. If you would like to change your choices, or how we communicate with, just let us know.
You will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link or contact details at the bottom of every marketing email we send, or contact us directly at any point.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it, unless testimonials are posted on a public site (such as Trip Advisor).
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser.
Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser deletes them or until they expire.
This website uses session based cookies to allow users to be recognised within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page.
This website (silvermere-innonthelake.co.uk) may from time to time use persistent cookies (the small text files stored on your computer) to record your preferences or activity between visits. These cookies do not store personal information about you or your computer and you can clear them at any point by deleting your browser history – for more information about cookies you can visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ Silvermere do not share cookies or any of your data with any other company outside of our parent company, Dwellcourt Ltd.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
If you find the idea of this website storing information on your computer or mobile device a little intrusive, even though it is generally quite harmless, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions on this website. For information on how to control cookies being stored on your computer see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
I agreed for this site to store cookies but have changed my mind
If you previously agreed to allow silvermere-innonthelake.co.uk to store cookies on your computer but have subsequently changed your mind then you can delete the cookie set by this choice – see http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1 to learn how to control and remove cookies stored on your computer.
Google (Google Analytics)
This cookie provides anonymised data to allow us to understand user behaviour and marketing performance across our Group.
If you make an online enquiry we will keep your information for a maximum of 1 year following your enquiry, unless you decide to enter in to a contract with us.
If you sign-up to a Silvermere Privilege Card, we’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a Silvermere Privilege Card account with us, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that your have requested.
If you do not have a Silvermere Privilege Card account, but you have signed up to receive Silvermere’s marketing communications, then we will only retain your information for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your Privilege Card account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to you personal details, you can do so by getting in touch – please email email@example.com or call 01932 584300.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this privacy notice
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where Silvermere Golf & Leisure’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies (Data Controllers) as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the Dwellcourt Group, as sometimes different parts of the group are responsible for different activities – such as Doug McClelland Golf Store for in-store and online purchases.
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you (via https://www.silvermeregolfstore.com), such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our websites.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.
If you have any questions about how Silvermere uses your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to –
In writing to – The Data Protection Officer, Dwellcourt Group Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
By telephone – 02087 868333.